SustainabilityWorldwide, PCC is committed to promoting sustainability, protecting the natural environment, and conserving natural resources. PCC operates its facilities in an environmentally responsible manner and remains focused on ways to reduce impacts to the environment.
Committed to Sustainability and Protecting the Environment
PCC is committed to advancing the sustainability of its businesses. These efforts are guided by a Sustainability Council, a group consisting of operational and functional leadership. Additionally, the council collaborates with many others throughout the company to guide, measure and communicate PCC’s progress.
Safeguarding the environment by reducing the impact of current and future operations through innovation and technology.
PCC focuses on reducing its impact to the environment because it is the right thing to do and because it is good business. Conserving natural resources and reusing materials improve overall production and provide a better working environment for team members.
PCC reduces its impact to the environment in several ways:
- Maximizing the recycling of materials
- Maximizing the use of nontoxic substances
- Minimizing the creation of waste, including hazardous waste, and disposing of all waste in a safe and responsible manner
- Minimizing the impact of facility operations on the quality of air, water, and land
- Evaluating ways to reduce material usage and conserve energy and water resources
Being Environmentally Responsible
PCC conducts business in an environmentally responsible way by:
- Operating facilities in compliance with all environmental laws, rules, and regulations
- Providing management oversight of environmental practices at each plant
- Training team members in proper waste management procedures
- Minimizing the creation of waste, especially hazardous waste, and disposing of all waste in a safe and responsible manner
- Acting as good neighbors to surrounding communities by communicating with the public regarding environmental management practices
PCC Breaks Ground on a State-of-the-Art Titanium Melt Facility in West Virginia, Powered by Renewable Energy.
Powered by Renewable Energy in Partnership with BHE Renewables.